Original topic:

Spotify Music randomly stops playing

(Topic created on: 12-04-2019 08:13 AM)
SnowyzBTW
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Anyone know why this happens? It happens whenever I turn my phone off while listening to music. Please let me know 
8 Comments
SnowyzBTW
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I forgot to add that I own the galaxy s8
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Check - Settings - Apps - Three Dot Menu Top Right - Special Access - Optimisation - See if Spotify is being "optimized" - If it is - Toggle Off Optimization for Spotify...
But I never had any issues with Spotify stopping when the screen is Off - Not on S8+ S9+ or S10+ 🐧
0 Likes
Galaxy S

So...when you turn your phone off, spotify stops playing music? How would music continue to play if your phone is off...?

Sorry just trying to understand.

Galaxy S
I THINK that they mean when the screen is Off... 🐧
SnowyzBTW
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
when I lock my screen it pauses, but when I turn is back on the music continues to play
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Check and make sure you have your WiFi set to always on if it's trying to switch between WiFi and lte it will stop playing. That was my problem anyways.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @chrisxavier,

It seems to be a fairly common issue - essentially the phone will choose to remove certain background processes in an attempt to conserve/optimize battery. I think @Shaggyskunk1 hit it on the head here - you will need to toggle off the battery optimization for this specific app. I've experienced this problem with my S10+, and it seems to be fixed when that setting was changed. Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Jeremy:) 

Bert75
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
I've been having same issue. People have been suggesting to disable battery optimization for the app. However that didn't solve it for me. I kept it optimized but then added it to list of apps to never put to sleep. You can't add it to the list if it's optimized and although sounds like different path to same goal, so far this is keeping spotify from stopping for me
0 Likes