Original topic:

Still can't install Biometrics Update on S10

(Topic created on: 04-22-2019 02:23 PM)
Devhux
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I have a Galaxy S10 purchased from Telus Mobility and have been unable to install the Biometrics update ever since it started rolling out. I get the notification, but when trying to install it keeps saying "Couldn't Update - tap to try again."

I have tried clearing cache, I'm not using Secure Folder, nothing is modified in any way, yet I can't get the update to install at all. 

Any ideas? 
0 Likes
7 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Did you get the March security update installed.
My biometrics did the same as yours till the March update and then it immediately downloaded and installed the biometrics. I am also on Telus but my phone was bought straight from Samsungbut that should make no difference. I understand your frustration with it not installing as mine did that for quite a few days but have no idea what to suggest to get it to install. I tried the cleaning cache rebooting and everything also but something changed in getting the March update that let it install
0 Likes
Devhux
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes, I did get the March security update.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Clearing Cache from Recovery?
If it was me at this point I'd Backup my device with Smart Switch - Move everything that I want or need to my external sd card & Factory Reset.... but that's me 🐧
0 Likes
Devhux
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Yeah, that's about the last option I seem to have. I did indeed clear cache from recovery.
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
it worked with the March update so not sure why this is happening to you.. call Samsung?
0 Likes
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I have the same issue. I'm on Bell. Device purchased from Samsung outright. There is only one fix for this issue and that is a factory reset. Unfortunately that also involves hours of setup afterwards so it's a terrible option. I'm staying with the current version until Samsung either sorts their crap out or bakes in this update in another patch.
0 Likes
Devhux
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
A factory reset solved the issue.
0 Likes