Original topic:

(Suggestion)E-sim

(Topic created on: 12-05-2018 03:18 PM)
JDC
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung should now introduce e-sim into upcoming cellphones. Having a sim slot and e-sim at the same is future.

10 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Not being rude but I hate this idea...
having an e SIM which would be a carriers sim means that your phones comes locked to that carrier.

I know what your going to say it's not locked!! and yes your right but why have a e SIM and have to put another sim card in if you travel to another country or you want to switch carriers and if you did switch carriers the you would have a e SIM in your phone that your not using and taking up valuable space....

just my thoughts
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Absolutely with @Echo

E-sim is a horrible idea. It's very good for the big greedy carriers as they can effectively keep the consumers on their leash forever, as long as they use the phone.
Asking for this feature is like voluntarily asking for leash around the neck even when you're already a puppet owned by the big telcos.

I would never buy a e-sim phone. Just my opinion.
Galaxy S
And I ABSOLUTELY agree with both @RichMan & @Echo! 👍🕊
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
well I agree with @RichMan & @Echo and @ShaggyskunkS9P
AshleyB
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Agree 100% with the other comments. I would not like a phone with a e-sim. I'd never buy one.
flamebird786
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
@JDC esim is a horrible idea unless you want to be stuck with the same carrier for the rest of your contract .
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I like esim. If carriers plan to f u over, they'll do one way or the other. Just like 3 years reduced to 2 year contracts and they jacked up prices significantly.

If you got issues carrier locking down your device (which they provide subsidy for), then buy outright.
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
@Google except if you buy say outright from Samsung, then the carriers like Roger's dont allow wifi calling or VOLTE on their network
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Or @Google if your like me who does but outright from my local carrier store (Bell) then the e Sim is useless and tied to the carrier and I travel a lot and use foreign Sims