Original topic:

Suggestion: Scrolling

(Topic created on: 06-03-2020 05:07 PM)
makeanimationssmooth
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
Hey there,

As we know, the S20 series are very smooth and that is due to their capabilities of 120hz screen refreshing rate. As most devices do not have this capability, almost any device can appear just as smooth through its scrolling animation. As we can even see in Windows 10, when you are scrolling, there is a nice little bounce effect in the native apps such as settings and edge. Even in iOS devices, the scrolling is very similar, and it just appears visually attractive and easy. However, SAMSUNG uses an image to replicate the end of a scroll. See picture below.

My suggestion is to allow us in settings at least to customize the scroll animation in the Display settings. It just looks so smooth if Samsung devices follow a bouncing animation when scrolling to the end or top.

(I couldn't attach an example of this)

Thanks, look forward to my suggestion being heard of.
8 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hey@makeanimationssmooth,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion and we will take it as feedback.

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You know there was a whole Apple vs Samsung lawsuit on this very subject, right?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
then why does Microsoft have this?
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
iOS has a patent for that, it's called the rubber band effect I believe. The photo you attached is just how it looks on all Android devices, it's fine the way it is.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Didn't you lose a bet? I don't think discussing patents with someone who doesn't respect their own words will be constructive
Galaxy S
Ok, both of us were wrong. There was not May SMR nor One UI 2.1 on June 1
0 Likes
Galaxy S
He doesn't understand what "scheduled" means either.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Admit you lost. Don't try to skip this with a technicality. Your reputation is already destroyed, no need to make yourself known as a liar too. We both know we bet on the content of the update and not its release date.