Original topic:

System processes

(Topic created on: 04-07-2020 04:17 PM)
Jewels121
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Ok- strange question aimed at the techies out there.. I made the switch today back to Samsung (Galaxy S10+) from Huawei **curse, swear**.

I had been having an issue with on-going, non-stop Emergency Alerts/Amber Alerts on the Huawei.  I solved it by blacklisting a service called 'Mobile Broadcasts' (formerly cell broadcasts from waaaay back in the day) from booting up with the phone.  This thing was hidden deep in the system processes, I knew what I was looking for just had to find it.  All good.

Now that I'm back in the Samsung again after 6 years, I have no idea what their equivalent service would be called?  I scrolled the system process list for anything that might pop out at me, no dice.  I've disabled the Broadcast Channels in the Samsung Messages app and flicked off all the alerts.  (Not even using Samsung messages, using Google)  But my morbid curiosity needs to know what Samsung version of 'mobile broadcasts' service would be?  If one of those alerts should happen to make it to my phone, I'd like to know what process I have to kill on this new phone. lol  😂

0 Likes
4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
With Android 9 on my A50, the Emergency Alerts thing is in the stock SMS app. Tap the 3 dots, pick Settings, and it's in there.
Hope that helps a bit.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It might be the Emergency Provider app? Or com.sec.bcservice
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
0 Likes
bekixo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm in the same boat. I just got back with Samsung and its all different now. I never heard of broadcast channels and it will send u emergency messages whether u have the channel thing on or not... how do u make ur own channel because it has that option too
0 Likes