Original topic:

Terrible update android 9

(Topic created on: 04-06-2019 06:01 PM)
SoonToBeAnIphoneUser
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
You have changed the look and feel of my phone wothout my consent. I feel like you have invaded my personal space, reorganized my bedroom against my wishes. I am so angry and feel so violated, it's difficult not to swear...
Additionally now some of my apps do not work properly.
I feel so violated.
Do you really believe that your "focus groups" know what I want in my phone?
I will be buying an Iphone next time.
**** you Samsung
**** you Android
thisupdatesux
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I agreee with you 100% I just made this account to say what I feel....
I read what people are saying. .. Yes the update is voluntary, but I didnt realize some of my apps would stop working properly, and why change my appearance? I keep updates on for security purposes only...
They might own this software, but I when I made my purchase this is not what I had bought. If I buy a car is it okay for them to change to colors?

It feels like a violation to me. Other companies might not be any different, but that doesnt make it right.
Galaxy S
thanks for your support. Hopefully Samsung reads these.
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
what updates is everyone talking about? I didnt get anything that messed up any icons or anything else. Pie is fast its smooth and its nicely laid out. I love the look of it and navigating is a breeze.. where's the issue here?
0 Likes
thisupdatesux
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Well for one thing my call recorder app now requires speaker phone to record both parts of the conversation. So that means a loss in functionality from this update, because the app says that the operating system requires it to be that way.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

thisupdatesux

That's a change Google forced on Pie.

0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Sometimes third party apps dont function properly after an update.. I dont use the app so I dont know. but such a thing can happen in Android or iOS. I have an iPhone too and we all know when the notch first came many apps weren't compatible. I am sure the app developer will update and perhaps you have already provided that feedback. Give it time.. it will sort out. Happens. 😊 The interface is really nice tho..I have to say.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@thisupdatesux That's got NOTHING to do with Samsung & EVERYTHING to do with Canadian Privacy Laws!
thisupdatesux
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No it has nothing to do with Canadian privacy laws. In Canada it is perfectly legal to record any conversation that I am a part of. That law has not changed.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

No, it's legal to use a call recorder. You can record YOUR calls just fine. Google made a policy change in Pie that prevent apps from recording calls.

Galaxy S
Man there's a lot of Trolls here!