Original topic:

Text Messages - What Phone Numbers to Use

(Topic created on: 04-10-2019 03:39 AM)
Tidy2019
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I have a Galaxy S9 Plus and was wondering if someone could tell me is it possible when composing a text message to show only Mobile numbers.

When I start typing a person name who I want to send a text message to, it shows me all their phone numbers (work, mobile, fax, etc.) and it does not say what each phone number is. How am I supposed to know which numbers are mobile numbers? What is the point of showing me a work number when it is not a mobile. I cannot text a work number. At the very least I would like to know what each number is.

Thanks!

0 Likes
6 Comments
Galaxy S
That's a very good point, when I want to text someone who has multiple numbers, I just do from within contacts.
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
When you text someone for the first time..and if they have multiple numbers, it asks If you want to set that number as default. Alternatively, you can go into contacts and edit that contact and it does allow to choose a default contact. that's how I have mine set up.
0 Likes
Tidy2019
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Thanks IfLySoLO - I did as you suggested and set a default, but when I type the person's name to begin the message conversation (text) I see all their numbers still.

0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
hmmm...I see that. I guess I didnt notice that because all I have is mobile numbers.

try the suggestions in this thread. it might work, might not work. but seems like the native Samsung app isn't that smart yet!
https://forums.androidcentral.com/t-samsung-galaxy-s4/315561-normal-samsungs-text-message-app-shows-...

@moderator
0 Likes
Galaxy S

hmm that is not the case for me, once I have set someone's cell number as the default, when I put their name in or their number, it will auto fill it in for me as the chosen default number.

0 Likes
mo777
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
text center number where
0 Likes