Original topic:

The Samsung S20 FE is $337 CAD in the US vs $830 CAD in Canada

(Topic created on: 10-01-2020 08:45 PM)
stmax
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
On the Samsung US website with my s9+ trade they would offer me a buy down to $250 US = about $337 CAD.

Here in Canada I am eligible for $119 CAD on my S9+ trade.

Making the total:  $830 CAD

Sorry.  That's not a little discrepancy.  That is insulting.   So much so that I have chosen to stop looking into this phone as a potential upgrade option.

This is serious.   Much beyond the "we will take your feedback to Samsung..."  type issue.   This pricing disparity would make a great media story.  They eat this stuff up.
7 Comments
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
"That is insulting. So much so that I have chosen to stop looking at this phone as a potential upgrade option"

couldn't have said it better. Its a slap in the face to canadian customers honestly.
Samsung canada is offering 165 for the S10e, while Google Canada is offering 180 for the S10e. Google values samsungs smartphones higher than samsung themselves.

Anyways, I'm in the same boat. I was thinking of upgrading to the FE but not anymore. In fact, I'm considering leaving samsung entirely at this point. I've bought samsung phones for 6 years, but samsung doesn't seem to care.
stmax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Another great point about Google!
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi stmax and JohnH, 

If you preorder Galaxy S20 FE on the samsung.ca website between October 1 to October 15 2020, you can avail Galaxy Fit2 (+125 Bonus Air Miles) or UV Sanitizer with wireless charging (+125 Bonus Air Miles).

If you purchase Galaxy S20FE between October 1 to October 26 2020 from Samsung Experience Stores or authorized dealers, then you will get an e-voucher redeemable on samsung.com for a Galaxy Fit2 (+125 Bonus Air Miles) or UV Sanitizer with wireless charging (+125 Bonus Air Miles).

If you also participate in Trade-in program, you will get an additional $150 credit to the trade-in value of your old device.

0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
it's still MUCH LESS than the US. Again, I understand his frustration, it's ridiculous in Canada.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi theonecid, I understand your requirements but please note that offers and promotions vary by country.

0 Likes
stmax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
This is my point. Perhaps our country should start to reconsider supporting Samsung. Also a UV sanitizer... really? I don't want more e-waste. I want a 70$ accessory credit like you offered the US.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi stmax, I understand your opinion but I think that there are some people who like the idea of UV sanitizer as well as wireless charger during this time of pandemic. However, thanks for letting us know your opinion on this.

0 Likes