Original topic:

Thoughts On The S9/S9 plus

(Topic created on: 02-26-2018 06:54 AM)
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Just thought I would write my thoughts on the new S9/S9 plus now that I have had time to thinks things through.
I currently have a S7 edge and I am very happy with it and I was seriously looking at upgrading to the S9 but that isn't the case for me anymore.
The good points for the S9 is quite clear.. Samsung has tweaked the inside of the phone so it can do things faster and better... I love the slow motion mode as well as the ability to do AR emojis and the price is very reasonable but for me that's it..... Yes it looks nice and offers more than my current S7 edge.
The bad points for me is that I am not a fan of the larger phone so for me it would be the S9 and not the S9 plus but the S9 doesn't offer duel camera which I don't see why (was this like this with the S8?) The price even though it's good for what your getting. For me what is wrong is the trade in value I mean $160.. for my S7 edge?? I know I can get more money selling it on my own but I think Samsung should re visit their trade policy after all if the value of your phone was worth more I think more people would upgrade I know if I was offered  $300-$350 I would for sure and is this why smartphone sales were down the last quarter of 2017???
And lastly there wasn't enough change in the S9 to warrant me switching phones..... yes the camera is amazing but if your not a camera nut then is there enough reason to change phones to the S9...

Well these are just my thoughts...... please feel free to add yours.
7 Comments
Simba1
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I have the s8+ and I'm going to upgrade to the s9+
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I have know doubt that there will be a lot who do...
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I went from the S7 to the S8, and the hardest adjustment was the curved edges of the screen. Size was an easy adjustment, and I wish I had opted for the S8+.

For me, the upgrade was worth it just for the improved battery life; the snappiness was a bonus.

If we received the Exynos version of the S9, I'd upgrade for sure.
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Just an fyi.. Canada/north America is getting the snap Dragon chip I think it's the SD845..
0 Likes
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I wait to have an "accident" with my S8+. Rogers insurance always gives you the newest device after you pay replacement cost...best part? They've always sent me an Exynos version. Can't wait for the next two months to pass 😆
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It's a great update for people who aren't using S8/S8+ or Note 8, as the internals are just slightly better and everything else is same. Also it's great to see Samsung continuing the infinity design like S8.
0 Likes
NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
personally I think it's little soon for S9. but it's already expected. curious what it will bring.
0 Likes