Original topic:

Unknown call when connecting to Bluetooth

(Topic created on: 07-15-2019 11:20 PM)
Mark1977
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Since this past weekend, every time I start my car (also happens on 2 other cars so likely not car related), an unknown call is made which I then have to hang up on in order to get back into the infotainment system in the car. When this unknown call occurs, my phone does not show an active call and nothing appears in the phone's call log. I've tried deleting the Bluetooth cache, deleting and re-pairing the phone, rebooting the phone, and rebooting the car's infotainment system but it still keeps happening.

For reference, my phone is a Samsung S9 running the most up to date software version (G960WVLU4CSD2) from April 1/19. The car in question is a 2018 Honda Civic, and as noted the same issue occurs in a 2018 Honda CRV and a 2016 Mazda CX-3.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

0 Likes
6 Comments
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Did you check the children?
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Omg I dunno if this is it but my phone has some setting where If you were in text MSG and while you texting, if the sensor is covered as if you put it to your ear (I kept putting it in my pocket after a text and it would all of a sudden call the person I was texting to) and the sensor gets darkened out it would call them?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Go to Settings - Motions & Gestures and Toggle OFF Swipe to Call or text 🐧
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Nice 1! I did this today too, I have both settings off now. It may be convenient but not for me 🤷‍♂️
Mark1977
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Just an FYI I was able to resolve this issue by restarting the phone while it was connected to the Bluetooth source (i.e. when in the car).

findmymobile
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
the first time you saw this Video From our website and Galaxy Gallery
0 Likes