Original topic:

Unpacked 2019: Contest

(Topic created on: 01-13-2019 02:51 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Nooooooo! Samsung Canada is holding a contest to pick 4 lucky S Members to Unpacked 2019 in San Francisco.

Why do I say no? Well, first you need an Instagram account. And I'm not touching any Facebook product. And secondly, Quebec residents aren't eligible for contests. Sad. Oh well, you guys have fun, I'll participate without entering the contest.

So, what's in it for you? It's a full expenses paid trip to San Francisco, California. You get to stay at a 4-star hotel for 4 days, and obviously you get to assist to the invite-only Unpacked event. And it all peaks with you going home with a Galaxy device worth "about" 1500$, as chosen by S Canada. Probably a gold-plated Galaxy Grand Prime with diamond volume buttons. What else it might be?

Sounds good? Oh wait, here's what you need to do: 

S

And those are the mandatory requirements for the picture:
i. be in English (sorry people speaking troll);
ii. include a Photo or Video showcasing your Love for your Galaxy device created by the Entrant and shot using a Samsung Galaxy device (might be tricky to show you S Love from a S Device. Borrow another S phone!);
iii. include a comment describing the Photo or Video, which includes the hashtags #SamsungMembers, #LoveForGalaxy;
iv. be posted on the Entrant’s Instagram channel during the Contest Period;
v. in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, is suitable for all persons to read (no cryptic gibberish okay?);
 vi. not contain any sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate language of any kind whatsoever;
vii. not contain any language suggesting or encouraging illegal activity (don't tell people you are using your phone to conquer the world);
viii. not contain anything that infringes or that may infringe anyone’s rights, including intellectual property rights (don't you dare stealing someone's idea or picture. Seriously don't);
ix. not contain any personal information or any photograph, video, image, appearance, voice or likeness of a third person (that's illegal to begin with, so you expose yourself to lawsuits);
x. not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the Entrant) or third party content that may be subject to and protected by intellectual property laws;
xi. contain entirely original materials produced or created by the Entrant that are owned by the Entrant and that have never before been distributed, shown publicly or published, or selected as a winner in any other contest (sorry if your cat scrolling through your phone won an award,  he's gonna have to sit this one out);
xii. be submitted only once

And then, here's how your entry will be judged:

1: Quality of the Photo or Video, resolution (HD), composure, shadows, lighting, framing, etc.) – 25% (your photo skills. Also avoid using a J3 for this);
ii. Description of the Photo or Video, ("Hey contest pick me this good photo" ain't gonna help)– 25%;
iii. Originality of the Photo or Video subject and comments – 25%
iv. Quality of the description including writing style, use of language, punctuation and grammar– 25%; 

Finally, you have until January 25th to enter. Winners will be picked on the 28th and you will be notified within 48 hours. Don't ignore the notification. After 24 hours, you will be disqualified.

Alright, good luck everyone!
12 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Official rules:

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://pages.samsung.com/ca/promotions/English/ShowYourLoveforGalaxy_ContestRules_EN.pdf&sa=D&ust=1547417778113000&usg=AFQjCNFjyOV6nNgEmpWUheyfEj7lNO9E3g

Registration for the contest:

https://goo.gl/forms/EySo8ayQdRtmjjtH3
0 Likes
Galaxy S
can you bring a +1?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Unfortunately no as per the rules
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Were you able to bring last year?
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Do I have to post on Facebook? And do I have to have large Instagram following? I'm a pretty lonely person
Galaxy S
+1 means a guest - ie: - gf/bf - spouse
0 Likes
Galaxy S
just entered mine, there's no limit on entries right? i mean the post?..
0 Likes
Mezabaru
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
https://www.thebalanceeveryday.com/why-are-so-many-competitions-void-in-quebec-896835

in case anyone is curious why contests often aren't open to residents of Quebec.
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
although it's cool they're opening it up, some don't do social media like Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. I don't believe having to use a platform like that is a good way considering the can run the contest via the community app...however I know they're trying to put the word out to the internet for their new device
0 Likes