Original topic:

Unpacked Experience Part 1

(Topic created on: 08-13-2018 02:54 PM)
Jay777
Options
Galaxy S
The Unpacked Experience

Caution: Read at your own risk! This story contains many exiting stuff which might trigger various emotions. 

I would like to share experience that I had for Samsung unpacked event but as my inner writer is extremely excited, I am going to make it a short story!

Who doesn’t hate Monday? I am no exception.
It was Monday morning (July 9th) and I was writing some algorithm for my experimental project and suddenly an email popped up from Gmail. Steven (@steve01) from Samsung wanted to know If I would like to attend an unknown event at unknown place. I thought this is one of the SPAM email and almost pressed delete button. But then something in the email looked like it may have been legit. I ultimately decided to reply and extracted some more information about the mysterious event. The day after, Brittany from Samsung took my interview, and the waiting period began. Meanwhile, I confirmed from Samsung official website that this is indeed real stuff and that left me wondering that what if I get selected and my manager would not approve leaves? 
Out of confidence or maybe over confidence, I applied for leaves even before hearing anything back from Samsung and luckily got approved. Now, it was time to pray I can use those leaves!

Who doesn’t love Friday? I am no exception. 
I was happy it was last day of work (July 20th) and finally a weekend was approaching. But to make it even better, I received an email from Steven that I am selected to go to the Unpacked Event in New York along with 3 other members from Canada! I was that excited that I barely work that day and only searched for places to visit in New York! (I hope my boss is not in this Members App.). Everything was setup for me in few days to experience the Unexperienced!

Who doesn’t hate Monday? Well this time I am exception.
Ultimately, I was travelling a day before the event to Toronto as all the members from Canada would be travelling to New York in same flight. I was excited and still could not believe this is really happening.
But believe me, you should never love Monday. My flight was delayed by 4 hours from Edmonton only to reach Toronto at midnight and just to sleep in the hotel. Thanks to my luck that I did not pre-booked online ticket for CN Tower! Hence, that did not go well in start of the tour, and I hoped that next few days will not be like that!

Meeting with Members:
Everything went well in the morning and finally I was on time for my flight. Steven, our manager for the Event, tried to contact me to make sure everyone was ready for the event. I ignored the unknown number and continued talking to my wife! But I could not escape from expert @Jmak (Jusub) and at last I was introduced to other members from Canada and to our temporary Santa Claus (Steven). As anyone would expect, Santa cannot leave you empty handed and he made sure to increase weight of my carryon bag by offering awesome bottle. It was nice meeting with @Cprice (Cameron) and @MamaBear (Shellie). I heard rumors that Shellie is the mother of Jusub, but my sources could not confirm that.
Our flight to New York was extremely short, and that is the reason whenever someone tried asking us how your flight was, we echoed “Short.” After landing to New York, We met to our Camera crew members and tried to tempt people from Airport to make sure they think we are celebrities. Jusuf and Shellie were nervous (I believe.) to be chosen to speak in front of the camera, but they did great to commence the journey by introducing themselves to the world. It apparently required more time to reach hotel from Airport then to reach from Toronto to New York, but it was good sightseeing! After reaching to the hotel, we had many more Santa Claus from Samsung to present us gifts and surprises. We got chance meeting people from many different countries.

Continued.........2d8e3cf9-f442-48a6-93a3-b825ff232021.jpg
436ad8f8-61ca-4d84-90fc-e34c6bfa172b.jpg
aee3610d-e835-4a80-aed1-85045bcc9188.jpg
e00ec080-3a44-4049-aaca-9611050e90f8.jpg
be9888d9-3359-4861-821d-b52ee7d0d9e9.jpg
8be58241-7a66-4fa1-b765-0593017a150a.jpg
89d7c7ad-ef50-4af1-9ba5-2c0fc17ca9a6.jpg
7fdc2b23-46ef-4bc3-a69e-b968284581d3.jpg
71259a33-8c67-446a-8783-a78eadf11971.jpg
c5359268-a6ec-4cf1-8068-3370e14187c2.jpg
2 Comments
Galaxy S
Looking forward to reading on!!
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @Jay7, thanks a lot for sharing with us!

- Wonchul