Original topic:

Update 9.0 is AWFUL. (galaxy S8)

(Topic created on: 04-27-2019 01:50 PM)
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Good god...i appreciate the face lifted UI and all but update 9 is really...really bad. Never have I had to deal with so many bugs and app hangs. homescreen crashes randomly and pretty much all my apps glitch out now, even my trusty Fleksy keyboard isn't safe. I tried to send a video on Snapchat a couple nights ago and my phone pretty much completely locked up, PAINFULLY slow. Also I like and hate the new hidden buttons, when you want to switch apps it seems like instead of showing a capture of the app from when it was closed it tries to run it live, this causes issues because it slows down the phone and when you try to swipe away an app (and you can only swipe up) you tend to scroll like you're still in the app, it's frustrating. My headphones don't work properly anymore either, I often cannot go back to the previous song or restart the song by using my klipsch r6bts (which are android compatible). Android 9 is going to need some serious patching and optimization for the Galaxy S8.
0 Likes
5 Comments
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
backup your data and do a factory reset. it's always recommend by those in the know to start a major release fresh. Once you've done that you'll see the crashes go away
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
MY S8+ (back up phone), and my fiancee's S8 run quite smoothe after the update (I beta test Snapchat also) so just clear cache. If you dont like the navbar then install Good Lock and use Navstar. As for the headphones clear the cache for them (I'm assuming they're bluetooth) and it should be fine. After every update its ALWAYS recommended to wipe the cache partion. Shaggyskunk and others have numerous posts on here so just search it and everything should be fine afterwards. Lastly restart your phone each day just in case you have a carrier or other update that needs a fresh restart. I schedule mine for 5am just before I wake up. Hope this helps!
Galaxy S
Ditto on the two previous posts - Backup your device with Smart Switch - Move everything that you need or want to your external sd card or computer - Factory Reset FTW 🐧
0 Likes
sc2019
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
swipe to type is no longer on my s8+ after a backup and reset
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
download GBoard and make it your daily keyboard
0 Likes