Original topic:

Very weird S20 Ultra behavior yesterday..

(Topic created on: 06-20-2020 02:16 PM)
foresty
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
The top end randomly started lazily vibrating.   It sounded like a bumblebee was stuck inside the phone.  Continued for about a minute then stopped.

I had the phone in my pocket, didn't press or do anything to prompt this behavior.  Newest software update installed.  Just plain weird.

I've also noticed that sometimes when pressing the camera zoom button, it digitally zooms instead of switching lenses.

The auto focus has finally significantly improved though.
0 Likes
5 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi foresty, If Fingerprint always-on feature is enabled, the device will be woken and scan fingerprint whenever Side key is touched.
Accordingly, please deactivate Fingerprint always-on feature to avoid accidental fingerprint scans on the following path.
Also, be sure to not be touched Side key by fingerprint unintentionally while the screen turns on.
Settings > Biometrics and security > Fingerprints > Swipe to deactivate Fingerprint always-on feature.
Also, set the device to prevent the screen from detecting touch input when it is in a dark place, such as a pocket or bag by enabling "Accidental touch protection".

0 Likes
foresty
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
fingerprint is already disabled, what I experienced was definitely a bug of some kind.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi foresty, 

Please perform the wipe cache partition and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
JeanQCsimon
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

now how about you help me

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi JeanQCsimon,

We are here to help you. Let us know your issue and you can create a new post in the relevant section.

0 Likes