Original topic:

Vibration Issue

(Topic created on: 09-09-2020 09:19 PM)
Builderup
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue on my phone I can't diagnose. My new S20+ is randomly doing these little vibrates, like haptic feedback, when I'm not doing anything but my screen is on. It has no clear pattern. It's the exact same vibrate as when you pull out the edge panel. Sometimes it'll do 10 vibrates in a row before stopping. Anyone else experiencing this?

Running One UI 2.5
Android 10

UPDATE: Samsung instructed me to go to Settings - General Management - Reset - reset settings.
I followed their instructions and have been slowly reconfiguring my settings as desired. So far, I have yet to have random haptic feedback vibrations. I have connected Garmin watch as well and no issues yet. Soon going to play with haptic feedback settings (as I like them all off, and we'll see). 
Builderup
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
See update to my post. Might work for you
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Just a quick questions, do you guys have galaxy watch connected to your phone?
0 Likes
Builderup
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Garmin 735xt...Still waiting for it to happen again since I installed Nice Catch.
Trying to reduce introduction of new variables that will stop it
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I could only think of a single vibrate caused by my galaxy watch when transferring content. If you have other watch, you can check notification of the watch app if it does vibrate on some notifications.
0 Likes
Builderup
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I don't see any signs of notifications from my watch when it happens. Not sure what I'm going to try next
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Seems like S20 bugs.
0 Likes
Darkhuman
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
my Samsung Galaxy s20 plus is also doing this it's very random even just scrolling through a page it does it this was after the 2.5 update
Builderup
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
See update to my post. Might work for you
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Builderup,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved now after performing the Reset Settings of your phone.

Thanks for taking the time and updating the information.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hey Builderup, I am back. yesterday Moderator gave a suggestion to a smililar problem to like case. You can check it out if it help to resolve your problem. The other user also having vibration and also is S20+

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/S20-ultra-virbration-problem/td-p/6778191

If scenario meet you case, you could try to see if the problem able to resolve or not. Good Luck.

***Just see your update. Good to hear that problem resolved. Do you think the root cause is Fingerprint always on? Do you have it always on on your AoD?
0 Likes