Original topic:

Video Stabilization Stuttering Android Oreo S8

(Topic created on: 03-26-2018 12:12 PM)
dreamcast8086
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
since upgrading to Oreo my s8 no longer takes smooth video if stabilization is enabled.... writing to internal memory ... 4K is the worst with it enabled very jerky and stuttering... once it's disabled it's not frame dropping but is not the quality I am used to from nouget ... when it's on 1080p 60fps it frame drops every so often not quite as noticable but still terrible... pretty upset about this as I use my phone to take tons of video and it's the reason I got the s8 in the first place.... tried clearing cache on the camera app and cleared cache in the boot recovery still no change , read on some forums on Google other people experiencing the same thing wondering if anybody has any suggestions ?? should also mention I have the Snapdragon version
0 Likes
3 Comments
Galaxy S
@dreamcast8086, I always find that doing a factory reset after updating to a new OS is the best, of course I would suggest making a backup first using Smart switch. But what you can try first would be to turn off your phone, boot into Recovery and wipe data cache and see if that helps, if it doesn't, then I would suggest a factory reset.
0 Likes
dreamcast8086
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
yea I factory reset didn't load my backup and it's good now sux I had to do that but just happy it sorted it out
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @Cprice, thanks for your answer!

- Wonchul
0 Likes