Original topic:

Video recording lag

(Topic created on: 08-14-2017 09:00 PM)
shady
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I was just curious if anyone else noticed that when they start to record a video it takes about 5 seconds from when you press record to when the timer actually begins to start recording. The camera opens very fast but like I said, takes 4-5 seconds before video begins recording
14 Comments
carlostc
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Happens to me too on Galaxy S7. Kinda annoying, because sometimes I'll start speaking the moment after hitting record, only to realize half of what I said was cut off when watching the recorded video.
0 Likes
Callplease
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
inching toward
0 Likes
shady
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I have the s8 and I understand the frustration as whenever I go back and watch my videos I realize that I missed what I wanted to record.
0 Likes
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I don't notice that but I'm using an S8+.
0 Likes
shady
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Maybe I should have gotten the plus 😂
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I just tried recording a few videos to test, and on my S8+, it's starts recording about 1 sec after I press the record button, so no lag
0 Likes
shady
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
So that makes two people with an s8+ that don't have the issue. I have the s8 and I feel like 4-5 seconds for it to start recording is ridiculously long.
0 Likes
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yeah I just tested mine again (S8+) and video recording is almost instant when I click the red record button. Maybe you should try a factory reset. I know it's annoying but can't hurt.
0 Likes
shady
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thank you, I will give it a try.... I am just waiting to hear back from support on an unrelated issue.
0 Likes