Original topic:

Video recording lag

(Topic created on: 08-16-2017 07:06 PM)
shady
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I was just curious if anyone else noticed that when they start to record a video it takes about 5 seconds from when you press record to when the timer actually begins to start recording. The camera opens very fast but like I said, takes 4-5 seconds before video begins recording
14 Comments
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @shady, as fellow member @acheney1990 has suggested, first try backing up your data and performing a factory reset to see if that will resolve the issue. If the lag still persists, then you may want to contact your local Samsung Service Center (http://www.samsung.com/ca/support) so they can have a look.

-Nick
0 Likes
shady
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
@nick I will give that a try as I am awaiting a response from support on an unrelated issue that renders my phone unusable at times so I am just waiting to hear back from them as I will probably have to send my phone in. Another used commented that they had the same issue and their motherboard was replaced so it's been a week but not heard back yet
0 Likes
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
@shady Are you talking about the freezing issue? Yeah I'm the person who was/is having that issue too. They replaced my Motherboard (or at least say they did, don't really like the service center it went to, but anyway). Unfortunately it is still freezing up...doesn't seem as often but now maybe every couple days.
0 Likes
shady
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
@acheney1990 I am talking about the freezing issue. I hope i can get it sorted out as I shouldn't have to soft reset my phone just to get it to work. So that didn't resolve the issue -_- that makes me less hopeful
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
when i had recording latencies on S7, was due to choosing external memory as save path, and the sd card was incompetent. maybe also try routing the save path to internal and see if that changes anything
0 Likes