Original topic:

Visit In

(Topic created on: 02-15-2020 11:23 PM)
Options
Galaxy S
I just upgraded to the S9 and at least 2 times a day I receive notifications from this "Visit In" app which encourages me to visit a Samsung store to receive benefits and discounts on Samsung products.  How do I go about blocking or totally removing this app?  I don't plan to upgrade again for a long time.  
3 Comments
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
is this app seeming to be built into the software? I've had the s9+ through telus and currently have the s10+ through bell but have never seen or had any notifications from such an app
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Follow the instructions here: https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/

Stop at step 12 (you do the step 12 and then stop). Then type this in your Command Prompt:

pm disable-user --user 0 com.samsung.android.ipsgeofence

This is really next level intrusions. We're paying more than enough to not be constantly nagged and pressured to upgrade.
elvenhert
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I just received a notification of the 'Visit In' app on my new S20 FE. I have been using "NoRootFirewall" app for android for all my previous phones and I always use it. It blocks apps from connecting and sending data from your phone. I just blocked this app and no more notifications. It also stops loads of adds appearing in apps if they are prevented from accessing the worldwide web. Just make sure you dont block welbehaved or useful apps. Enjoy!

0 Likes