Original topic:

VoIP / WiFi calling tip

(Topic created on: 07-02-2018 06:30 PM)
shady
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
This is for anyone who like myself who couldn't get WiFi calling to work.... I went in to freedom mobile today and got a new nano sim card as i have had the same sim card for a few years... I had read somewhere that older sim cards wont work with WiFi calling... i put in the new sim card and WiFi calling started to work right away(make sure it's enabled from dialer settings). I wasn't charged for the new SIM card or activation as i told them i was getting a new one to get VoIP to work
0 Likes
11 Comments
Galaxy S
Uhm you should have received a new SIM along with the new S9..
0 Likes
shady
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I didn't unfortunately which is why i couldn't figure out why it wasn't working -_-
0 Likes
Galaxy S
lol yeah I get a new SIM along with the new device from Rogers... I guess that's how they try to justify their prices... 😂
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Wow, thanks for this, this post just made me discover that WiFi calling is now available on Samsung S8/S8+ with Virgin Mobile.
0 Likes
shady
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I'm happy the post helped someone
0 Likes
rad
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
did you buy the phone from the carrier wifi calling is working on?
0 Likes
shady
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I did, its now working with a new sim, previous sim card didn't support it 😕
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
What if someone is using an unlocked S9 bought from BestBuy? I haven't changed my sim card in years. IMS services are saying Not Registered but I know it should work because if I put this same sim in a Fido-bought phone until VoLTE activates then put it back in this unlocked phone, it'll work for a bit and then gets deprovisioned. Not sure the issue is the SIM card...
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @shady, thanks for sharing with us!

- Wonchul
0 Likes