Original topic:

VoLTE not available on Unlocked Samsung Phones

(Topic created on: 05-15-2018 03:36 PM)
doomfrawen
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,

I have a S8+ that I bought directly from Samsung.
One of the reasons was that I wouldn't have the bloatware that comes with the operator phones,
but to my surprise the bloatware gets installed as soon as I put the SIM Card of the operator and on top of that I'm not eligible to get VoLTE ( IMS, HD Audio and Video Call) as it's not a Roger's device.

Why aren't we eligible to have these services? If I would have known, I would just have bought it straight from Rogers.
0 Likes
27 Comments
doomfrawen
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Plus how is possible that anyone can bring an iPhone from any country and operator and being able to fully use it? Whilst Samsung and Android users seem to get less for their buck. It looks like Apple has better deals with the operators than Samsung.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Doing below mentioned step will wipe your phone so backup before you do anything. Type

*#243203855# on your dialer.
It will show you list of carriers. Choose RWC for Roger and it will switch your phone same to Rogers bought phone.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Won't work. He already said he was on RWC. And updates won't stop if you have a SIM but run on the wrong CSC. SIM-tied SW updates is for USA Carrier-exclusive models (AT&T, T-Mo, Verizon, which all have specific models like SM-G930T)

Rogers' system for assuring the lock-out of the features is CSC-independent. When they say it must be bought from them, and CSC change won't work, then the only logical explanation is IMEI-based.
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I know people on bell who can't update because they are on wrong network.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
If all of the above fails, get rogers firmware from sam mobile and just flash it on your phone.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
What do you see on settings. Can you share? 2339a47b-5c11-463c-8ba5-e96dba9aea8c.jpg
0 Likes
doomfrawen
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
These are my SW versions. 19e7cb62-9d32-4252-a77b-7ad84a2661ef.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@doomfrawen, it's not the 3 big operators, it's just Rogers, I have an unlocked S8+ purchased directly from the Samsung store VoLTE and all other Virgin Mobile features that are suppose to work, do work.
0 Likes