Original topic:

VoLTE not available on Unlocked Samsung Phones

(Topic created on: 05-15-2018 08:19 AM)
doomfrawen
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,

I have a S8+ that I bought directly from Samsung.
One of the reasons was that I wouldn't have the bloatware that comes with the operator phones,
but to my surprise the bloatware gets installed as soon as I put the SIM Card of the operator and on top of that I'm not eligible to get VoLTE ( IMS, HD Audio and Video Call) as it's not a Roger's device.

Why aren't we eligible to have these services? If I would have known, I would just have bought it straight from Rogers.
0 Likes
27 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
ya rogers is bad for that, I got my S9+ from Samsung and none of that works, I've called and talked to the office of the president, and the rep said it doesn't make sense why it wouldn't work and they offered a 200 credit on my account. but couldn't fix the issue
0 Likes
Galaxy S
this could also be why I cant get it to work on my S9+, which I also got from Samsung...and I am with Bell
ahhhh
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@SnowCat19, check your CSC code to make sure it's on BMC and not XAC, I have an S8+ I'm using with Virgin Mobile and VoLTE works just fine.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @doomfrawen, it would be best for you to contact Rogers regarding this issue. Could you please check with them if your device is compatible with VoLTE?

- Wonchul
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@doomfrawen, I always purchase my phones directly from Samsung (I'm not a fan on cellphone contracts) I purchased the Samsung S8+ and VoLTE works on y S8+ without issue, keep in mind that I'm with Virgin Mobile.

But here is something that you can check on your phone:

1- If you haven't already, install Phone INFO ★Samsung★ from the Google Play store.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo

2- Use the app the check what CSC Code is installed on your phone.

Unlocked Samsung phones in Canada come with CSC code: XAC, the one for Rogers is RWC.

I don't remember if mine changed from XAC to VMC when I popped in my SIM card or if I changed it myself. If yours is showing XAC that could be why VoLTE is not working for you, then you would need to change the CSC code from XAC to RWC, if it is on RWC , then as @Habsfan mentioned, it's a Rogers thing.
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I checked my code and it was RWC as I put my sim card in before turing it on the first time, and for me it didn't work, Rogers confirmed it doesn't work and apparently as of now there's no way. the rep even said it's stupid and he said he's had a few people call in about it (and he's sure there is more )
0 Likes
doomfrawen
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately that's something that I already tested. Mine was already showing as RWC but anyway I still forced it to be on it, but nothing changed.

Note: *For anyone testing this, your device will be deleted*
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It automatically changes to carriers csc when you insert sim for first time. No matter where you bought your phone from.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
First of all guy at Rogers is stupid. Secondly there is no difference between samsung bought or Rogers bought phone they all are xac based phone. Which is Samsungs own csc. Samsung is shipping out units with multi csc so you can switch to any carrier without a problem.
I once flash T-Mobile firmware on my phone to bixby. I got bixby with usa release even though my phone was Canadian, it worked.
0 Likes