Original topic:

WE WANT pie BETA

(Topic created on: 09-19-2018 02:23 PM)
Bing
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
UK and USA always get beta. It's time us unlocked users also get beta. With project treble, it should be easy!

Google was able to offer beta on so many devices, Samsung should be able to do beta for just one device, namely S9. With recent leaks, hope we can get beta in November.

I have a feeling the pie will be released in March in Canada, so it'll be good to have an early access.
8 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
+1.1a
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@Google, why should the beta be only for the S9? What about those who have a S8, Note 8 of Note 9?
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I'd love to. But they only give beta this way. At this point, I'll be happy if canada at least gets beta
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
@Cprice and all of us who went to Unpack did bring up about beta program for Canada. Steven is trying to get us beta program here in Canada but one thing we have to understand that to put beta program in place they have to first place a support team for this beta program. Things are difficult because phone differ from country to country and we are not big enough to setup all that.
If you ask my personal opinion, beta program is not worth it. I did switch to US version and tried beta program myself. It is so buggy that it is impossible to use phone normally. It took them 3 updates of beta to stabilize OS. even though I had 2 phones, I was so annoyed using phone that had beta update.
0 Likes
salutcemoi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
yes pls.
Rogers S8
Galaxy S
This is one of those "suggestions" that whichever Mod was going to "pass on" - Last Year when it was posted about the S8/S8+ But I'm sure that it's been sent into some deep dark hole & never to be seen again...
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
At that point it was too late. Those betas aren't easy to set up, with Samsung's way of doing it. There's all the logistics and staff that needs to be deployed... The last offical response on the forums here was that they were looking into how Canada can be part of this. What we can do is wait and see how it plays out
0 Likes
Mezabaru
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I mean at least US variants got it. as much as I'd like it as well, there models are the exact same which is good news for us. when I requested source code they pointed me at G960U source, so I mean we shouldn't lag to far behind.
0 Likes