Original topic:

What's YOUR experience with wireless charging?

(Topic created on: 10-02-2017 05:43 PM)
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey everyone! I just want to start off by saying thanks for the great responses on the last post on the topic of VR.

This time, we're interested in learning more about the community's experience with wireless charging. Have you ever or do you currently use a wireless charger? Or do you currently charge via a cable but would like to try wireless charging in the near future? Why or why not?

Thanks everybody!

-Nick
31 Comments
Brando
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Sure it would be good to plop it down for the night. but you see... I like to constantly be on phone 😂. I've got a problem. I stick to fast charging cable. If I ever found a sale for cheap I would certainly try a witless charger
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I love wireless charging.. Use it majority of the time and all the time I'm at home, I have a lifeproof case for my S8+ so it's so much easier to just set my phone on my wireless charging pad than to fumble to open the case and shove the cord in (not hard, just convenient to throw on the pad)

For me wireless charging capabilities is a must have in my phone now that I have used it so often.
Galaxy S
I have 2 wireless chargers, I also use wired on occasion, I love just being able to place my S8+ on the wireless charger, I started using wireless charging when I use to have the S7 Edge.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
For me, I love wireless charging. However, this raise a question on me after I really use it in real life.

When charging the phone, everything is ok. However, if someone call me or there is messages, I have to pick up the phone or reply messages. The charging will stop. Once I am done, put the phone continue charging. I am not sure will this hurt the battery because charging wireless on and off many times. However, if using cable for charging, I can charging and using phone at the same time.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Oh...to answer the question, I use both ways to charge my phone. Wireless is nice (I use on weekends), but I use cable charging during Mon - Fri business days (more convenience on reply messages or write notes)
0 Likes
Emperor7
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I currently use cable charging because I find it to be a bit more faster. I wouldn't mind using a wireless charger, I used one in the past (not fast wireless charging) but the one problem I faced was that the case I used, gets hot after I charge my phone on the wireless charging pad and it kind of bothered me so I went back to cable which I have no problem with using. I haven't tried Samsung's wireless charger maybe I will in the future, to see if it actually changes how I charge my phone differently
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I currently use 2 USB chargers. One for my S8 and the other one for my Level Box Pro speaker. I find that using the USB cable chargers charged the phone and the speaker in approximately 2 hours.
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I have a wireless charger and for me it's the only way to go... I love the convenience of being able to just put the phone down and you know it's charging.. but Tallman has a point with regards to the phone charging and the you get a message you have to do two things which is a bit annoying..
1)... unlock the phone... the charger in my opinion should be a trusted device so your phone stays unlocked...
2)...picking the phone up stop charging... maybe if within let's say 2-3 feet the phone could carry on charging.. maybe not possible but eould be nice..
0 Likes
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I've used wireless charging since my Note 4. I have one charge pad in my bedroom next to me, one in the front room at home and a third one at work on my desk. Bit slow to charge but for keeping it topped up its just fine.
0 Likes