Original topic:

Whatsapp notifications in "do not disturb" mode

(Topic created on: 06-04-2020 10:17 PM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Not sure if anyone here can help me but I'll try my luck out.

During the night, I put my phone in "do not disturb" mode but when I get messages in whatsapp, I still get the notifications.

Is it because the messages come from my contacts that are favorited? Even in group chats?

I thought allowing the calls and messages exception would only be for calls and messages from the native app and not other 3rd party apps as well.

Does anyone know if this is an issue or a fix?

Maybe I'm not doing something correctly?

Thanks 
7 Comments
Galaxy S
Yes, if your contact is favorite and you allow exception under notification, then you will get whatsapp messages and other 3rd party app message too.

Settings→ Notifications →Do Not Disturb →Allow exceptions

Message from : Favorite contact only
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
oh ok thanks!
0 Likes
miguelmpn
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Hi Tallman,

That does not make sense for me. Is there anyway to ignore 3rd party apps?

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks Tallman.

Hi Deeezzyyy, Please try the resolution provided by Tallman and get back to us if you need any help.

0 Likes
Iffijenia
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hello Mod,

I am still receiving WhatsApp message notifications and calls after turning on DND mode. I have put all the calls, messages and apps to none but still it's happening! What to do? I feel it's an error. I am using galaxy A12. 

TIA

0 Likes
rwmcw
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
i cannot find my whatsapp icon and i have downloaded the app. rwmcw
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi rwmcw, Please drag down from the middle of the home screen and you will get a search box at the top. You can type the application name you are looking for to get what you wanted.

0 Likes