Original topic:

Whitestone Dome S10+ Can't register fingerprints.

(Topic created on: 06-03-2019 05:21 PM)
Choquette67
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hey guys.

Bought a Whitestone Dome for S10+. Uninstalled previous fingerprints and followed the instructions to a tee. Once everything was done, I went back to register fingerprints once again and it doesn't work. I keep being asked to either press harder or when it works, I just get stuck at 0% with no progress.

I've read several reviews about this glass and I know it's either a hit or a miss for most, but before I rip it off, I thought I'd give this community a chance. I did extra-cure the glue and increase the screen sensitivity as well to no luck.

Thanks guys,
0 Likes
9 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
did you try to increase touch sensitivity in your screen settings ?

edit : nevermind didn't read the last part of your post before answering.

I remember seeing a video where you had to press the fingerprint area for 1 minute before the 2nd cure..
Galaxy S
From what I've read - Part way through the curing process with the uv light (after ~ 15 seconds) turn off the uv light & Register your Finger Prints....
I've read reviews from one end of the spectrum to the other & Some people are extremely angry & others are delighted....If you purchased through Amazon Canada - I'd contact them via email - I know that Whitestone says they don't accept returns on "used" products - but obviously you don't know if you can Register your Finger Prints until you install the Dome glass screen protector...
fwiw - I still have the included Samsung screen protector on my S10+ and I'm really not impressed with the ultrasonic Finger Print scanner... Especially in comparison to the one on my S9+...!
Choquette67
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
thanks guys. I will continue the cure process and see if I can get it to work before ripping it off and giving it a vicious elbow drop hahaha
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
good luck. hope you get it to work as it should.
Galaxy S
What I WOULD do - If you still have unused Tubes of the adhesive is this:

Carefully remove the screen protector (the edge of a credit card works well) Slowly lift up the edge and with VERY VERY slow & GENTLE pressure continue to lift until it is removed - Use as much alcohol (not for you!) to clean the adhesive off of the glass - Take a break & have a decaffeinated coffee - Start over with the installation - turn on the uv light for 15 seconds at the top of the device - & 15 seconds on the bottom - Register your Finger Prints - Turn on the uv light & complete the curing process at the top & bottom of the screen 🤞🤞🤞
If this works for you - Go ahead & have the rest of the Fit for human consumption alcohol - You deserve it 🙂🤞🤞
Choquette67
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
hey Shaggyskunk1, I'll give it a try tommorow and let you know if it works. fingers crossed.
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I have installed the Whitestone protector and had a problem with one spot that started lifting because of my case on the on off button spot and tried taking it off as Shaggy1 describes and it is likely not possible to take it off without cracking it no matter how patient you are. They are super thin and break without hardly any pressure.
I luckily bought a package of 2 and needed the second one to get a good installation.
I am one of the people that never had good results with the original plastic protector that was installed as far as the fingerprint sensor as it never worked unless I wet my finger first so how could it get any worse so went for the Whitestone. Instead of feeling like you are dragging your finger across a piece of plastic with the Whitestone protector it feels like you are using your glass screen as it should.
Unfortunately I can not say that it works any better or worse than the original plastic protector as it works about the same as before. I have pretty much just given up on the fingerprint access as there are other ways that are easy and faster than trying multiple times getting press harder over and over. It does seem to work better for fingerprints after a few days after install.
0 Likes
Choquette67
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
hey guys, here's what I did and it works. thanks for everyone's suggestions.

1st off, I was able to remove the dome without breaking it, using a credit card to peal a corner and letting it unglue by itself. where it became a problem was when it comes to removing the glue from it. I had more than 90% of it removed when I sadly pushed too hard and it broke on me...

so I used a second one (thank god for two-packs.)

Redid all the step to install. started curing process for 15 seconds on top of phone than 15 on the bottom. then, after wiping the extra glue, I pushed with my thumbs on the approximate place where the fingerprint sensor is. I pressed like there was no tommorow for at least 2 minutes. from there, completed the curing process for 60 seconds on top and then 60 seconds on the bottom...

before I registered my fingerprints again, I turned the extra sensitivity toggle ON and tried again. this time, although it was tougher than when configuring the first time, I was able to register all fingerprints.

1h remove from all of this, the fingerprint sensor is very responsive and almost if not even slightly better than before on the pre-installed Samsung screen.

I don't know what to say. On one hand I'm pissed the first didn't work out of the box, but on the other, the second works so good than it kinda makes it all good.

thanks to everyone for the help and hopefully my experience can help others.

FYI, sorry for the long novel hahaha
Choquette67
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
69,95$ I spoke with Whitedome and they will either send another dome to replace the first one or reimburse part of it. so in the end, all's good.
0 Likes