Original topic:

Why is Oreo beta not available in Canada?

(Topic created on: 11-05-2017 03:42 PM)
ism
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
S8 is a beautiful phone, but the software is getting slow. My friend has a Note 8 with 7.1.1 and everything is super smooth there. I purchased my phone outright and directly from Samsung for better software support..

So, tell me Samsung ...Why is the Oreo beta available in US and UK, but not Canada?

I've switched to the iPhone X now, but I really want to see better software support in Canada. There is no excuse for phones purchased directly from you..
24 Comments
Emperor7
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
how's the new iPhone X
0 Likes
ism
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It's great! I have used iOS all my life, so it is really nice to have iOS in this form factor. Also, I have always used plus sized phones, so I'm favouring this new size a lot!
0 Likes
Dizzard
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
...and I could make a good guess that Bell Canada is not going any further than 7.0 on S8+. 2 years on an S6 and got 1 update to 6.0.1. Canadian servive providers are the furthest behind.
mav10
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
bell is most definitely going past 7.0 on the s8 lol and my s6 from bell is on 7.0. check you s6 again for updates. I've had at least 5 updates on my s8+ since I got it. Updates are much better than they were since the s6 days. Canada s8 and s8+ will get the Oreo update around when the s9 comes out. this is how it happens every year
0 Likes
ism
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I didn't know updates were this bad. I don't understand why unlocked phones need to get updates through carriers too 😔
Cocajola
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
and charge the most! We have some of the highest monthly premiums and worst service (customer value/loyalty) service in the entire world!!!!
ze3bar
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
that's because Canada is anti competitive. they don't wanna support old phones. they want people to buy the latest phones.
ism
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
*sigh*
0 Likes
Galaxy S
enjoy your "new" iphone
0 Likes