Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Wifi disconnects for half a second

(Topic created on: 12-06-2019 04:45 AM)
andrewvcle
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
A highend phone like this should not happen. This started when I bought my phone 2 years ago. My wifi suddenly disconnects, forcing my mobile data to turn on for 2 seconds. After 2 seconds, my wifi comes back on back to normal. This repeats about every 5-15 minutes. 

If I was watching youtube, this is not much of a big deal, but if I was playing a game and the wifi disconnects, some games (ex. Clash Royale) forces me to reset the app, causing a loss in the game. I've been dealing with this for 2 years and I'm fed up. Does anyone know hlw to fix this?

Resetting network settings does not fix it.
This does not happen on other devices, so the problem is not the router.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
This likely wouldn't resolve the issue for you - But if devices OTHER than your S8 don't have any issues with maintaining a Wi-Fi connection - Then you COULD try a Factory Reset - AGAIN - ONLY if other devices DO NOT have any issues - Then it's possible that it's a device issue - ie: Your S8...

If you decide to Factory Reset - Backup your device with Smart Switch first!

This is something that you can do without having to go to a Samsung Service Centre & it MIGHT resolve your problem with WiFi... MIGHT..

If other devices are also having problems with maintaining a connection with your WiFi - Then it's likely to be a Router or isp issue..

Let us know what you decide to do 🤞🐧

View solution in context

12 Comments
Galaxy S
Check these Settings in - Settings - Connections - WiFi - Advanced Settings - If you have either of them Toggled ON - That could be the issue you are having - If Toggled ON - Toggle them BOTH OFF & test 🐧
0 Likes
andrewvcle
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
No, it is both off 😕
Thanks for trying to help, though
0 Likes
Galaxy S
is this happening on ever wifi network you are connected too or only a certain wifi connection?
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S

This is an important question.  If it's only your network, it may be a issue with your wireless access point.

0 Likes
andrewvcle
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Happens on every wifi network, but it never happens on my other devices whether I'm at home or not.
0 Likes
Samjot
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
It happened with me too on s7 egde I went to ubreakifixit store they reinstalled whole OS within 10-15 mins after that it happened again then i went again they did same thing reinstalled OS then it never happened and I paid nothing it was free for samsung Electronics.
0 Likes
andrewvcle
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Was it a hardware or software issue? Not sure if I can fix it if it's hardware.
0 Likes
Samjot
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
software
0 Likes
Galaxy S
What device do you have?
0 Likes