Original topic:

about s10 warranty

(Topic created on: 09-29-2019 06:05 AM)
ArielPM
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I nocited that my charging port is starting to not fast charge and keeps getting disconnected it says and wont charge.

Am wondering if anyone know if I take my phone to the samsung store would this be under the warranty?
0 Likes
8 Comments
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
make sure you're not using a 3rd party charger
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Should be under Warranty - But inspect the Charging Port for any debris - ie: pocket lint - You can also use the Interactive Tests here on the Samsung Members app...
And as previously mentioned - Make sure you are using the Samsung OEM USB cable & Charging Block 🐧
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Also go into settings /advanced features/accessories and make sure fast charging is turned on 🤦♂️👍
ArielPM
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I have multiple samsung chargers but they are all the same the charging port is loose on one side
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well that sounds like it's definitely physical damage - It certainly should not be loose - Visit an authorized Samsung Service Centre 🐧
Mani02
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Yea I don't think it's a good idea to charge the phone with loose/damage cable ...
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
@ArielPM
Please take a look at this Samsung webpage, you'll find your answer :
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/my-device-is-charging-slowly-not-switching-on-or-k...

Summary without pictures :
Charge issues

Follow the troubleshooting steps below to determine why your device is slowly charging, not turning on, or turning off / restarting unexpectedly

If you have checked all the steps below and the problem persists, your device may be defective.

Slow charge

Do you have an official Samsung charger?

Some chargers not supplied by Samsung may not charge the unit properly. They may not provide enough amperage to charge the device or overly affect the battery.

Incompatible chargers can be dangerous for the battery and can cause a short circuit in extreme circumstances.

The correct amperage for your device is in the device manual and the amperage of a charger is normally on the plug.

Is your charger damaged?

Use only an undamaged charger in good condition

Check your charging port. Do you see any damage?

If the charging port is damaged, you may need to reserve your device for service. Click on one of the blue buttons at the bottom of this article to find out our contact information.

Do you use wireless charging?

Make sure the back of the camera is resting against the center of the charging center and remove any foreign matter between the camera and the charger.

See here for more troubleshooting when using a wireless charger

How do you charge the device?

Your device will charge faster if it is plugged into a wall outlet than if it is connected to another device, such as a laptop.

Is your software up-to-date?

Software updates often make improvements to your device software, including battery life, and can resolve any known issues.

Click here to view the steps showing you how to check for software updates.

Device does not turn on

Leave your device on for 30 minutes (45 if you have not used it for a week)

If the battery is completely discharged, the IPL may take a little longer.

Perform a soft reset on your device

Press and hold the power and volume down buttons for more than 7 seconds. Learn how to restart a frozen device here.

Erase the cache partition on your device.

1. Turn off your device, if it is not already there.
2. Once the phone is off, press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. Hold down the buttons until you see a Samsung logo.
3. Using the Volume Down button, scroll down to delete the cache partition.
4. Press the power button.

The device turns off or restarts unexpectedly

Does this happen when you use a particular application?

Make sure you only download apps from trusted and reliable sources such as Galaxy Apps or Google Play Store.

If you have problems with a particular application, you can put your device in safe mode to manage it. Click here to learn more about safe mode.

How much space are left on your device?

Your device needs minimal storage space for its basic functions to work effectively. If you do not have enough free space, your device may run slowly or restart.

Click here to learn how to check your storage and click here to learn how to remove an app.

Is your appliance particularly hot when it turns off?

If your device gets too hot, it may turn off automatically. This may be the case after a long period of use or when running more energy-hungry applications, or if the storage is insufficient.

Be sure to keep your software up-to-date because such updates can improve the performance of your device and help reduce its operating temperature.

JMJ35
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Since the last update, I am not able to access my message settings.
0 Likes