Original topic:

afr

(Topic created on: 11-28-2019 01:34 PM)
engKasaato
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
After the recent update , I can no longer use ADB to add mobile toggles to my quick menu.
Any help?
0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy S
Check that you still have USB Debugging Enabled - Pretty sure that you don't - No OTA will ever prevent you from using adb - On your computer - Type:

adb devices

AND make sure that you have allowed the connection between your computer & phone 🐧
engKasaato
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I used the same process on the previous version
0 Likes
OlytheGoalie
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Shaggy, I have not been able to get my phone recognized by PowerShell or Command Prompt...when I connect via usb is goes right to the files screen but I noticed it never gave me that message on my phone that said do you approve connecting to this computer or whatever that message was and I even tried revoking usb authorizations and that didn't help. hope that makes sense...any help? long story short when when I connect and and try adb devices it never shows
0 Likes
Galaxy S
You have USB Debugging Enabled?

You have Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer?

When you connect your phone to your computer for the first time with Windows Power Shell open - You should see two Prompts - The first one is to Allow the connection & the second one will ask you Allow Always from this computer.

When you first use adb - type:

.\ adb devices [enter]

And you should see your device listed

then type:

.\adb shell [enter]

Then type:

settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles),MobileData,HotSpot"

[enter]

Then you should have the Mobile Data Toggle & HotSpot Toggles in your QS Tiles (Swipe to the left to see them in the QS Tiles) You can then change the Button Order to move them to the first screen of the QS Tiles 🐧

Galaxy S
"it actually worked..." There's no reason for it NOT to work if you follow the instructions & type the adb commands correctly 😉
But good to hear that you got it 👍🐧
Galaxy S
I should also point out that adb to enable the Mobile Data Toggle & HotSpot works perfectly fine on One UI Beta v2.0 (Beta 7) - So if you're having issues - It's user error & nothing to do with any OTA 😉🐧
OlytheGoalie
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
it actually worked...thanks Shaggy
0 Likes
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Glad to see you got it sorted. There's quite a few reasons for the issues you had and they are not new and you'll encounter these things again at some point likely.
Good news is that you should always eventually be able to fix the problem and often you learn new things in the process.
You'll eventually find yourself sitting at your computer with a phone from somewhere that you never used and are using heimdal to flash in linux for no other reason than the thrill of loading official firmware without odin and if it actually works... only to boot it long enough to toggle OEM unlock so you can flash twrp again and check out the 5 gsi's you downloaded last night until 5 a.m.
I just wanted the icons in a theme changed. One ROM is too many and a thousand's not enough
0 Likes