Original topic:

battery draining faster

(Topic created on: 06-11-2017 08:00 AM)
akoexmo
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
after february update my battery drain faster now, fully charge before i go to bed and its only 70 % when i wake up , i though may update would corrected the problem but it still the same .
0 Likes
6 Comments
Tofu
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I'd check what kind of background apps you have running, there are a number of apps you can grab from the google play store that tells you how ram is being eaten up by apps running in the background like clean master (Note that this app is loaded with ad's so id uninstall it after determining which app is draining the battery the most). Alternatively, you could also download an app like "ampere" which measures both real time charging and discharging rates of the device in ma which is a quantitative way to measure battery drain
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gombosdev.ampere&hl=en
0 Likes
SMubeen
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
My Battery Drain Very Fast How To save My Battery
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Nougat update made battery life noticeably worse on my S7.

On my Note 5, Device Idle is consuming a lot of battery. It used to be maybe a percent or two after a full day, and now it's 20% or more. And who is supposed to know what "Device Idle" means?

It would be nice if Samsung would do something really simple like display per-process (including system process) and communication/sensor statistics so that end users can determine what is consuming the battery. The system should also do a better job of sleeping and only using the processor when and event occurs.
A11
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Use Device maintenance and see which apps are consuming battery more and put them to sleep
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
You can't put Device Idle to sleep.
0 Likes
akoexmo
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
tried everything and it still the same
0 Likes