Original topic:

battery on s7

(Topic created on: 10-23-2017 09:16 PM)
Farhan1
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
okay so about 2 months ago I was getting usage of straight 9 hours on my pgone with data on but suddenly my pgone battery doesnt even last for 4 hours! whats the issue whats happening?
0 Likes
10 Comments
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
try clearing your cache, or back up your data with smart switch and do a factory reset. sometimes updates mess with the battery life.
0 Likes
carlostc
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
make sure you disable S Voice Wakeup. It drained my battery very quickly.
0 Likes
Farhan1
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
i use my phone on mid power saving all the time
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Get rid of unwanted apps. Especially battery savers and phone optimizers. They are battery drainer too
0 Likes
saiju
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Go to settings-device maintainance- battery- scroll all the way down last option select always sleeping apps.

Add all the apps to restrict background operation which in return will save your battery.

Note if you add whatsapp, Facebook and other messaging apps, you won't receive message notification until you open those apps.
0 Likes
Farhan1
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
i never loaded any optimizer in my phone cuz they are bloatwares however all the apps are sleeping except whatsapp, i just uninstalled linkedin job search, and daily motion now my phone is again giving me 9 hours however I never opend those apps lol
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
you don't have to remove you can put them to sleep. But I am glad that worked out for you.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
one thing I noticed also is my battery was recently draining faster than normal. the "ok google" setting was recently changed on my phone perhaps due to an update or security patch. check under the google settings that it isn't enabled all the time.open google settings, click "voice", then "ok google detection" and disabled "say 'ok google' any time"
0 Likes
Farhan1
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
its been disabled since i bought the phone. dailymotion consumes a lot of battery
0 Likes