Original topic:

carrier switch/adapt

(Topic created on: 07-03-2017 10:38 AM)
suddenness
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Im in Toronto on Freedom mobile. I recently bought an S8+ from Samsung and used a different carrier sim in it and then I switch to freedom mobile and unlocked it because it locked to the first sim. The 4G (HSPA) network connects but not the band 66 lte. I have the latest version of the sim and the lte plan. What should I do in this case? Take it to Samsung to flash?
0 Likes
5 Comments
steel1
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
If u want to change the carrier software open the phone app and dial the following: *#272*IMEI# for the IMEI insert the digits of ur phones IMEI number. Then select the carrier you want. Be aware that this will factory reset your phone. It will still be unlocked.
0 Likes
Dwain
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Hey, this might be out of your question but can you let me know if you're having a delay when trying to call someone in Toronto on your S8 with Freedom Mobile? There's like a 5 to 9 second pause before it actually dials when I'm trying to all anyone.
0 Likes
sentone
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
the LTE tech used by freedom is still new they don't have a very good frequency, and that might not be caused by your phone but the lack of quality of Freedom.
0 Likes
Chris74
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
how you unlock your phone? i got an s8 from a local store and it got locked on freedom at first sim. now I want 2 unlock it so I can use it on my vacation oversees with a local sim.
thanks
0 Likes
kckennychang
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
@Chris74 if you bought the phone outright from Freedom, they should give it to you for free. Try the freedom website and type in your IMEI. It should give it to you for free. if it isn't, call freedom and request it.

if you got your phone on a plan, you can buy it for ~$30 after 90days, otherwise it will be given to you for free afyer the 2 year tab is up, or once the new crtc law kicks in!
0 Likes