Original topic:

charging blocks for s10e

(Topic created on: 04-23-2019 11:24 PM)
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hey all, just wondering a real simple question, is there a charging speed difference between the charging blocks that come with the new s10 series devices and the previous one from note 9 etc.? Just looking to see if there's any actual difference other then the finish on the charging block
0 Likes
9 Comments
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Note 9 draws 15 watt charge from its block and S10 draws 20 watt charge from its block, however to answer your question, both blocks have the same power output, only difference is the devices
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
ok thank you
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
What?! How could the S10 possibly draw 20W from a 15W charger?!
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
No there isn't any difference. They both have QuickCharge 2.0 chargers.
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Both the Blocks are the same, S10 Supports upto 20 Watt while note 9 supports 15 watt
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I apologize for spreading wrong information. what CHMultimedia said is correct. Both support only 15 w charging. The information about 20 watt was from the Leaks about s10
0 Likes
Galaxy S
S10 for the win!! 😁
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
No. The S10 doesn't support 20W. The S10 5G supports 25W. Only the 5G model
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
so I take it that these new phones aren't bound for faster charging? or is there anything that could be coming in an update to bring faster charging, I remember hearing that the new s10 series and the chargers that came with them were supposed to be faster lol that's why I asked :)
0 Likes