Original topic:

chat settings registration failed

(Topic created on: 08-10-2019 02:51 PM)
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Trying to enable the new feature for one on one chats and group chats with the new update and every time I try it says "registration failed". Anyone else getting this error or what am I doing wrong? 

(Update to my phone call with Samsung support)

Representative I talked to said in a few days there will be another update pushed out to resolve this issue and that developers are working on this issue right now. As I figured this has nothing to do with RCS by the sounds of it and will be similar to iMessage I'm thinking. 
52 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
it's not like Imessages, it had everything to do with the carrier and as well as the
messages app. for example for over a year Roger's only had RCS with android messages. until recently
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
well from the rep I just talked to on the phone it doesn't sound like it will be an rcs option and developers are working on fixing the issue right now...
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
the annoying part is. if I can't use this feature, how long do I have to look at this **bleep** N icon in the top right corner that won't go away.
Galaxy S
If it REALLY bothers you - Use Android Messages... 🐧
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
this is the stock messaging app that came with the phone. which is android messages is it not?
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
no its samsung messages. there are a ton of third party or andriod messages apps. that are just as good or better than Samsung messages.

yes you shouldn't have to. but that's the good thing about android there are a ton of different options
MidoriSora
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

same here very annoying

MWaqasRasheed
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

ExodusCheese Can i ask you your problem is solved or not?

i'm also facing same problem with my phone.

Samsung_SAVgiA7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm telus too... still says registration failed

KevyG
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
mine is still doing it to i was told by Samsung it is a telus issue