Original topic:

chat settings registration failed

(Topic created on: 12-03-2019 07:23 PM)
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Trying to enable the new feature for one on one chats and group chats with the new update and every time I try it says "registration failed". Anyone else getting this error or what am I doing wrong? 

(Update to my phone call with Samsung support)

Representative I talked to said in a few days there will be another update pushed out to resolve this issue and that developers are working on this issue right now. As I figured this has nothing to do with RCS by the sounds of it and will be similar to iMessage I'm thinking. 
52 Comments
Zenkyn
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
same problem
0 Likes
KevyG
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
just did new update and still not able to get into chat settings this is a joke Telus! It said that this was part of the update but still no good
0 Likes
Rock11
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same error here... I'm with Telus as well
0 Likes
thisguyken
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
another from Telus 🤷🏼‍♂️
0 Likes
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
you'd think Telus would get this updated or working considering the amount of customers they have and their increasing bills and income they make
0 Likes
adamthebad
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

if crapple RCS works with telus/koodo   why not Samsung/Google?....different coding/algorithms? 

CeeF
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Thanks for that link. I checked it out, and called. The *611 rep for Telus didn't really have too much knowledge on this, had to keep putting me on hold to just come back and give acoles note review of that article lol

0 Likes
shilohRD
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
At the moment, RCS is only being supported for Telus Pixel phones.
https://www.telus.com/en/on/support/article/android-next-gen-messaging-explained
0 Likes
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
well that seems pretty retarded considering you'd thing they would want to target the galaxies etc being a better market for them I think, in general should just target all. why pick just pixels. seems pretty useless to me lol
0 Likes
CeeF
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Hey everyone!  So I just got off the phone with TELUS.  Someone in this forum had put up a link to the article for "Android Next Gen Messaging", and after listening to Telus csr struggle to explain the feature to me (as I just read it and explained it to her), it is definitely a Telus issue. As the article says on the website, ONLY google pixel phones are able to have this feature, with Telus.  

Hope this helps.  She wasn't able to give more info on if Telus will enable the feature for Samsung phones or not.

Take care!!!