Original topic:

chat settings registration failed

(Topic created on: 01-17-2020 02:23 PM)
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Trying to enable the new feature for one on one chats and group chats with the new update and every time I try it says "registration failed". Anyone else getting this error or what am I doing wrong? 

(Update to my phone call with Samsung support)

Representative I talked to said in a few days there will be another update pushed out to resolve this issue and that developers are working on this issue right now. As I figured this has nothing to do with RCS by the sounds of it and will be similar to iMessage I'm thinking. 
52 Comments
scrappymaky
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
I thought telus was more advanced
0 Likes
DaveyDave
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
So why doesn't Telus support Samsung like they do iPhones or Pixels? Since 2016, the Telus reps have been telling me that visual voicemail is coming soon...still nothing? And Telus is again depriving Samsung owners the pleasure of the services their phones have to offer. I guess Rogers will be the go-to company for Samsung owners. what about Bell? Does the chat service function on their network?
morganna
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm with Telus and I was able to register. it's not the provider but I do have a S9 so maybe it's the gen
0 Likes
ExodusCheese
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I tried on my new S10 still no luck. not yet anyways
0 Likes
smoly93
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm with Telus and have a new S20. Unable to register. Samsung said it was due to carrier but Telus said there are no restrictions on my account and I should be able to use it. Went back to Samsung and they couldn't figure it out. They left me a voice mail the next day saying it hasn't been rolled out for some devices yet. The thing is my girlfriend has an S20 and same provider and she was able to register in one try a few days ago.. 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK or you will be flooded with ads and might even get pop-up ads on your phone all the time. I repeat, DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK. This person is only trying to make money from S Members with stolen content. Don't reward this shameful behavior.
0 Likes
Mavic7595
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issue, called EE they said the fault lies with Samsung.

0 Likes
JA_KE777
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Its probably to do with your SIM card. I've joined Three recently from EE and RCS didn't activate for me. The guys at Three said sometimes when you port your number over from another network the number registered on your sim doesn't change. You'll be able to see this in the sim card manager option in settings. If it is different the RCS server will probably be trying to register that non existing number which is on the sim instead of your own. Three sent me out a replacement sim card and the RCS feature activated instantly. Hope this helps

0 Likes
JM9
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Was your issue resolved? I'm having the same problem. I have a S8 phone. 

0 Likes
Bmswad1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I just updated my device and got the same problem 

I tried many things and what really solved it was just removing the Sim card and inserting it again