Original topic:

controversy on pie

(Topic created on: 04-10-2019 06:25 AM)
john0uhbb
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
So it's been quite a few days since pie has released and a lot of people have gone negative about it.

I am literally enjoying the pie. I love it . It fast and easy . I don't know what's wrong.  The only thing I am sad about is the disappearance of the toggle in navigation bar but I got used to this new navigation gesture  .

Comment what u guys dont like
Cheers 

15 Comments
dmflash
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I guess if everything is working fine for YOU that must mean it's working fine for EVERYONE! and that simply isn't the case.
Both Google AND Samsung **bleep** the bed here. Pie has been the subject of many complaints from various phone manufacturers and Samsung's finishing touches with neutering Samsung experience with one ui is the icing on this barf cake!
Galaxy S
nice one dmflash
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
The main issue is no one wants to do a factory reset. Dang. This is a major update which is almost certainly going to mess with old system files. If they are not willing to factory reset... well they need to deal with the issues and live with it. It's their choice and they alone made that decision. So in reality they only have themselves to blame for that.

I'm looking forward to playing with it... just need to find the time! That's my current complaint. lol
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Theu have themselves to blame for programming issues regarding old system files wheb doing a factory reset... Where does your train of thought start?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Dmflash "ram management is horrible , battery life is dramatically reduced , speaker output seems to be quieter , icons look like they were designed by a kindergarden class ,cant disable that weird Bixby button. But yeah ,not too much to complain about ."

And dont forget some apps no longer work such as call recording. The functionality of the phone has been reduced at a system level.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
LOL love the user name. Just jump, if your not satisfied. This is a major revision update (going from 8.x to 9.x). Of course there's going to be system conflict with older system files. I'm not going to pretend there shouldn't be one. Injecting new code and needing to replace/remove old obsolete codes, etc. You don't expect conflict or unexpected bugs when doing a dirty install? That's a recipe for disaster from past experiences. This doesn't apply just for Android. Windows is known to mess up after a a dirty install.

I have no such issues with Pie once I did a clean install (factory reset, install, factory reset). My battery drain ended up being an AV app. Once removed, battery is just as it should be. I have not found the battery to be better or worse. No difference in speaker output from what I can discern. But then again I don't use it much. Haven't had an issue with RAM/apps. I'm actually impartial to the update.

Finally, I said they have themselves to blame if they do not do a factory reset. Reason is a factory reset almost always clears up many issues users tend to experience from a dirty install. If one is not willing to get their hands dirty to fix it themselves, they have themselves to blame. And this isn't with Pie. It's been with Oreo, Nougat, etc... Users will always complain.
0 Likes