Original topic:

decrypt

(Topic created on: 07-13-2019 11:11 PM)
jamesy
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
I have a problem that doubt that anyone can fix but I'll give it a try anyways. I recently reset my phone forgetting that I need to decrypt my SD card before resetting and now I can't read my files. Does anyone have a solution to my problem or is it unfixable?
0 Likes
7 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I'm afraid to tell you that if you don't have a quantum computer handy, you won't be decrypting this SD card anytime soon.

When you reset your phone, you also lost your decryption key. You won't be able to decrypt the card without it. Or you could brute-force it but this will take anywhere between years and eons.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Broken English. Would not trust.

Those things usually rely on weaknesses in encryption methods. Depending on the OS and device, this may or may not work at all. But if it works, that means encryption was useless.
Galaxy S
@CHMultimedia - Well - It's a last resort & with no to lose... Meh if it doesn't work - He's no worse off than now 🐧
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
True true. But I'd still scan the executable just in case
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
thanks guys!! unfortunately those methods didn't work but!! Google Photos saved the day!! I totally forgot that Google Photos was backing up my photos the files I wanted back the most.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I been using degoo to backup files, they gimmie 100gb free 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes