Original topic:

do you factory reset after an O.S upgrade?

(Topic created on: 01-20-2020 11:09 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I'm just curious if it's a common thing if people do a factory reset after a new O.S upgrade. I know sometimes things can be of conflict with a new operating system versus settings in an old one, and that can cause problems. I personally experience restarting problems shortly after updating the android pie a year ago and a factory reset seemed to fix his problem. so I'm just wondering if maybe it would be a good idea to do a factory reset after I get the android 10 upgrade. But at the same time I'm wondering if android 10 would be less of a problem because its close to the android pie that I currently have, so possibly there will not be any issues. 🤔
0 Likes
20 Comments
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
most do and wipe the cashe partition
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I did upgrade to Android10, I only did wipe cache partition in Recovery Mode. So far everything works perfect for me. I don't think factory reset is needed for me.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
just wipe cache partition
0 Likes
Galaxy S
TBone, you have double posts. 😅
FYI
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
thanks lol 😂
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I personally do the factory reset, install, factory reset again. I know that's extreme, but I love a clean install. 😅

I often think of it as 'spring cleaning' for the phone. I know over the course of a year, I've probably accumulated abit of junk files in the phone. So is nice to purge and start fresh once in a while. 😁
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yes it's worth doing a factory reset... This works for anything that has a os and gets a big update.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
ya I'm torn about a factory reset. I can see benefits to both arguments.
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It's your call everyone has different ideas on the sudject. That's just my input.
0 Likes