Original topic:

does S9 work international carriers?

(Topic created on: 10-12-2018 04:00 PM)
Bing
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
I'm going on Asia trip to multiple countries. I know S9 is sold in every country, so does it mean my S9 is compatible with networks over there?

On Samsung website I see the bands available, but before I search every sim company and their bands, I am looking for easier answer of yes or no for Asian countries in South Pacific. Also we may have some members from those countries who may know the answer. Also we've Qualcomm version here in Canada, not the Samsung CPU (if that does anything).

Also does Samsung pay work internationally? Since I've the MSFT, which every country has.

0 Likes
7 Comments
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
you would have to verify the bands with the carriers you plan on using over there....some bands are not supported and require a different version of the device which is designed for that market
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
@carr0498 when I look at bands, say if it does 1700, does it mean the other sim just have to do 1700?

On the website it says say Canada has band 1 2 3 4. So if China has only band 1, it'll work?
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
yep, if the carrier has service in that band, then it works with your device
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
China has the Snapdragon model too so don't worry for that.

The S9 Snapdragon has more bands than the Global Exynos. Only missing is Band 32.
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yes and I see Canada has the most bands than other variants. However China has band 17,18,19,25 missing, so I hope it can work even with 1 band.

Thanks for help
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@Google, you can try this site to see where and which carriers will work with your phone. The site hasn't updated their phones since March 2018, so you can select the Samsung S8+ since the S9 is not listed.

https://willmyphonework.net/
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Thanks cprice
0 Likes