Original topic:

does samsung have an app like or the same as motorola assist?

(Topic created on: 10-28-2020 07:57 AM)
lnc1
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I own a samsung s9 and I am unable to find an app like motorola assist.  It  when activated and you are driving, automatically announces who is calling, reads received texts, answers calls hands free and prompts you for a text message reply.
0 Likes
7 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi linc1, I suggest you to try using Bixby. Bixby is a Samsung intelligence assistant which have a user interface that helps you use your device more conveniently. When you say what you want to Bixby, Bixby will launch corresponding functions or show the information you requested.

0 Likes
lnc1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
do you need to open or touch the phone to use bixby?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi lnc1, You can interact with Bixby using your voice, text or taps and also by using the dedicated Bixby button. If you set the voice wake-up feature, you can start a conversation with Bixby by saying “Hi, Bixby.

0 Likes
lnc1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
unfortunately compared to the motorola app Bixby is like adding a buggy whip as standard equipment on a tesla.
Bixby requires touching your phone when you want interaction a no no when driving.
0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
bixby does work hands free! voice set up or voice training available. it will be better at learning your unique voice. that's under voice training. I use it all the time when driving. excellent hands free mode. you can also turn up the wake up sensitivity. I hope that helps you out some.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Maybe Android Auto? 🤔

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead

Or if you use Google Assistant, try the new Assistant Driving Mode. Just talk to Assistant and say driving mode. I never try, but you can try. 🙂
0 Likes
lnc1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks for the help. I don't want to be an **bleep** but, all of this seems counterintuitive to me. I am not saying your suggestions don't make sense but getting google and Bixby to works requires a lot of dedication and work compared to a simple setting.
I will try google drive but if I remember when I tried it last time it screwed up my phone and nothing worked correctly. is there an youtube video that has a setup tutorial for google driving mode.
0 Likes