Original topic:

don't delete my negative reviews or upload my data without permission

(Topic created on: 07-10-2020 08:23 AM)
bixby_123
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Your backup software uploaded my data to you guys without asking if that was okay. My post complaining about this was deleted.

If you guys delete this too that will be extremely disappointing. I will expect it though. What a sad sad company you guys are.
9 Comments
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
but it's their party not yours :). its in the user agreement read it.
0 Likes
bixby_123
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I would rather not read through 50 pages of them telling me they can do anything they want at any time for any reason. They all say that. even banks if you read what they write they say they can take all your money whenever they want for any reason they want.
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
so my question for you is why use the services or devices if you understand and have a hate for them ?

you can put your money under your mattress and use a old-school Nokia phone to solve your headaches.

I've completed my good deed of the day :)
Galaxy S
But I don't get it. When backing up my data. It is going to my computer only. Unless you turn on Sync to Samsung Cloud. Simple is that, just turn off all sync will stop upload data to cloud. You can use SmartSwitch to backup to your computer without internet or upload to cloud.
0 Likes
bixby_123
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I got this phone with points on a card. Samsung was the only non-Apple phone they had. I was saddened that Samsung and Apple are competing to be awful with them trying to dictate how I use my device. at least I could turn Siri off. Bixby cannot be stopped without learning how to really use Android
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi bixby_123,

Any kind of abusive content will be removed based on the reports we receive from the other users. We are here to help you. Did you try the resolution provided by Tallman? If not, please try and get back to us with the results.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Or maybe you can change the way of asking. How can I stop upload data to Samsung when backup? I believe many users would like to help.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
lol. his username is already kind of abusive. he should be banned already
bixby_123
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I don't need to ask. it's already stopped. if it came to it I would command line uninstall it. what I don't like it them doing it without asking. that's really scummy