Original topic:

errors after update to oreo

(Topic created on: 07-27-2018 06:26 PM)
cocojunkie
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Ever since the latest android software update on this phone- samsung s7- and my mum's samsung s7 edge to the android 8.0 oreo, many bugs and errors have been popping up.
The most insistent is the fact that both our phone screens fail to turn on after pressing the home button often where the back and task manager buttons led lights up but the screen stays dark. After a few times locking and unlocking the phone it turns on the screen.
This is very frustrating and my phone is still less than two years old.
Also ever since the update the Google assistant feature "what's this song" no longer recognizes songs.
The battery discharges significantly faster now as well after the update.
Apps such as twitter, snapchat and chrome cause the phone to heat up a lot and much faster now and also crash frequently.
I dont want to switch this phone because it has a lot of my data in it and I'm both a full time student and working at the same time so I rarely have time.
Any help from the samsung team or insight as to why this could be happening would be helpful.
0 Likes
11 Comments
mindl
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
And also right after or before a factory reset... select "wipe cache partition"
You should go into recovery and give that a go as soon as you read this. Try just that before you factory reset. It won't erase any of your data and it'll clear up your system... worth a try. If not use smart switch noted above.If you're worried about losing so much stuff then you should be doing that yesterday. In the future, do a back up before any major update.
0 Likes
Joann
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i posted something about black screen awhile ago as well ever since update out of the blue my screen goes black and after pushibg buttons a few minutes later it comes back on
0 Likes