Original topic:

errors after update to oreo

(Topic created on: 07-17-2018 12:16 AM)
cocojunkie
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Ever since the latest android software update on this phone- samsung s7- and my mum's samsung s7 edge to the android 8.0 oreo, many bugs and errors have been popping up.
The most insistent is the fact that both our phone screens fail to turn on after pressing the home button often where the back and task manager buttons led lights up but the screen stays dark. After a few times locking and unlocking the phone it turns on the screen.
This is very frustrating and my phone is still less than two years old.
Also ever since the update the Google assistant feature "what's this song" no longer recognizes songs.
The battery discharges significantly faster now as well after the update.
Apps such as twitter, snapchat and chrome cause the phone to heat up a lot and much faster now and also crash frequently.
I dont want to switch this phone because it has a lot of my data in it and I'm both a full time student and working at the same time so I rarely have time.
Any help from the samsung team or insight as to why this could be happening would be helpful.
0 Likes
11 Comments
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Did you try doing a Factory Reset? Your problems seem to be extensive. Try doing a factory reset, it should ease things up.
Also, 'what's this song' works in Canada? It says not supported in the region when I tried myself. Factory Reset won't fix it though.
cocojunkie
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
no whats this song was continuously working in Canada for me until the latest android update.
also I didnt want to factory reset it because of all the data and four thousand pictures and videos I have in my gallery 😕
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Not sure why Whats This Song was working for you, I never got it to work and always used Shazam. Google also says it's not available in Canada.
Do a backup using Smart Switch on PC, then you can restore them all back after Factory Reset. I'm sure it'll solve your problem, as lot of other S7 users noticed their performance and battery life increase after the update where yours is opposite. Factory Reset is your only solution.
0 Likes
cocojunkie
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm still hoping I can find another solution but if I cant then I'll use your suggestion Richman thanks!
0 Likes
Hecky
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hmmm I'm also experiencing the issue where my phone doesn't immediately turn on the display when I press the home or power buttons. Sometimes it takes a few button clicks.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That's something I experienced on my S7 daily. A factory reset will not help ( I did 3)
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
hmm. my old S6 still opens up super instantly when power button is pressed, not sure why S7 would lag.
She's also facing multitude of other problems too.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
backup your phone data with smart switch and do a factory reset. it's a pain in the butt, but it will solve all your problems
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @RichMan, thanks a lot for your support!

- Wonchul
0 Likes