Original topic:

evo sd card warranty issue

(Topic created on: 12-17-2018 10:20 AM)
Recnio
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Just wondering if anybody else has had the same issue I bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 2016 the Samsung Evo Plus 128gb SD card was provided when the phone was purchased. I have contacted Samsung probably about five or six times in the last 72 hours as I was trying to get the product replaced under warranty. Please note there is a 10 year warranty on the packaging for this specific SD card. When first contacting Samsung they stated that they will not warranty this card as it is not a Canadian product. I provided them with proof of purchase from Best Buy also they were aware that it was a promotion from Samsung Canada. Even though it was a promotion from Samsung Canada they said they couldn't warranty the product because it was an American product code. I tried escalating this back and forth Samsung Canada transferred me to Samsung us Samsung us transferred me to Samsung Canada to have Samsung Canada send me to Best Buy. It is not Best Buy's warranty it is Samsung's warranty BestBuy will not honor Samsung's warranty because it should be honored by Samsung. I find out today after being escalated to a supervisor that my product is not valid for the 10-year warranty it is only valid for one year as it was provided with the phone. I asked for proof in writing as I have not been able to find information pertaining to promotional items. Samsung stated that I can find that information in the user manual and they directed me to the website to download the PDF file, which has no information pertaining to warranty of any kind. Also when asked about their 10 year warranty if I bought the product today separately no promotions they said they could not guarantee a 10 year warranty even though it is stated on the packaging.
0 Likes
21 Comments
Galaxy S
I don't know - Do you really want to fight over a free sd card that can be replaced for anywhere between $28 & $120.00?
Recnio
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I never thought of it that way I guess it's a principal. I guess it is small in comparison to paying and I can't remember the exact figure $1050 for a phone. I guess I was expecting too much.
0 Likes
Pally01
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
The card has a 10 year warranty. Sammy needs to honor it. Simple as that.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
As long as you have a copy of your receipt showing that specific SD card was purchased you should just go to your samsung repair location and explain what you are looking for.
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
You didn't buy the card. It was provided as promotional gift when you bought your smartphone. It's warranty duration is the same as your smartphone warranty.
If you bought the card with your money, you'd get the 10 year warranty.
Recnio
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I realize the SD card I didn't buy it it was incentive to buy the phone. but I'm just wondering where you got the information but warranty duration where can I find that I've been having trouble on the website
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yeah I'm gonna go with what @RichMan said on this 👍🕊
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
They run different promotions at different times. Their website doesn't mention about any promotional product warranty whatsoever. But it doesn't mean that they're not under any warranty or multiple year warranty. It's always one year for any promotional item that is given for free when you buy their smartphone.
Recnio
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
sorry for asking so many questions but how do you know this?
0 Likes