Original topic:

features that doesn't work

(Topic created on: 04-22-2019 04:34 PM)
rescuerEvp
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hi there. So I just got tired of that bs with all those cool features that doesn't work.
I'm currently using S8 on last android.
Smart lock that supposed to allow me to unlock my phone without pin/iris by trusted locations work only when It want to work. Deleting all locations, turning off and on that feature and restarting my phone didn't help. Now it's working again. 
Another thing is "do not disturb mode ". Great feature that like must have nowadays. But when i set it up to allow calls from favorites for some reason I'm receiving SMS from anyone like that mode is off..
Were the same issues with my old S7 edge. I've been talking with bunch of "knowledgeable representatives" from Samsung and even used remote control to show that...the only one solution they found to factory reset my phone. That's insane and st*pid! 
If anyone experiencing same issues please respond maybe we can push that forward to developers. 
Thanks 
0 Likes
4 Comments
Galaxy S
I'm on a Note 9 with One UI and don't have any of those issues.
rescuerEvp
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
thanks for your response
0 Likes
Samsung_gVmTahK
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi,

This is a yr later, but I am experiencing the same thing on the S7. My phone came brand new with the DND feature not working...so, obviously it's a software coding problem. I have done the following to no avail: factory reset, cleared data partition, reset network, put phone in safe mode. I am following up with samsung and hope they'll take the phone back and fix it. Did you manage to get it to work, eventually?

rescuerEvp
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
dnd has settings in notification section where you can fix the issue. I kinda hate that and love in the same time- you can have many options, but also sometimes you have to play around with android ( same thing we all experienced with windows PC)
0 Likes