Original topic:

fingerprint scanner

(Topic created on: 05-22-2020 12:53 AM)
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
@Samsung! Please please please! Update system software or something with the fingerprint scanner, as I've posted before with the s10+ I'm now using the s20 ultra and I love it! But!!!!! Even after factory reset and everything and installing everything fresh again, the fingerprint scanner still does not always want to work, screens not dirty, has the factory plastic protector on it still (will remove when it starts to peel) tho less often as I experienced with the s10+ my questioning factor here is how in the hell do I make it work all the time or is that a software glitch? (When I unlocked my phone just now to browse forum and then make this post I had no option for fingerprint) any and all help appreciated 
0 Likes
12 Comments
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
By not always wanting to work, do you mean it doesn't always recognize your finger or it just doesn't give the option for the fingerprint. If its the second option, I'd suggest searching up "lock automatically" under settings and enabling lock instantly with the power key.
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
thank you! now to see if this resolves the issue, as it was the second part where sometimes it wouldn't give the option for the fingerpeint, turns out it was set to the auto lock after 5 seconds of turning the screen off, so did as you suggested and as @Samsung suggested, will report back if I still have that problem
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @ih8tesn0w,

Please check the option as mentioned by @sully, and If the problem is in detecting your fingerprints please delete your saved fingerprint.

There could be a problem in detecting the corners or tips of your finger. Add a new one and this time ensure that you scan all the corners and tips of your finger.

Follow the below steps:

Go to Settings >> Biometrics and Security >> Fingerprints >> Tap Add fingerprint >> Follow the instructions on the screen.

I hope it helps!

sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Did it resolve the issue? If yes, then tick solved.
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
seems to be fixed so far, how do I tick solved?
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
hwy theyre, update after some time, its worked perfectly for awhile, and now it's back to doing the same thing randomly, not as often as before but still randomly makes me enter my pin and not be able to use fingerprint even tho I have not restarted my phone, any further suggestions?
0 Likes
babeauche
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
how do i send text message WITH my samsung tab a8 ?
0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Hmm, this does happen to my phone too, but only sometimes. I'd suggest clearing cache partition, making sure lock instantly with power is activated and also enable accidental touch protection . im guessing your screen is turning in pocket, this will disable that from happening. Try either of the solutions above and let me know.
0 Likes
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
thank you for the suggestion, I have read up on it and tried all things but still happens, the lock instantly as you had suggested before worked for a bit with no issue, now the issue has resumed and I'm not sure why
0 Likes