Original topic:

galaxy s10 keeps saying water in charger slot

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 09:00 AM)
doobydude
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Galaxy s10 keeps saying moisture/water detected in charge port. Even though there isn't any in there. Anyone else have this happening to them?
6 Comments
Galaxy S
There are couple methods that I saw from this forum. You can try if you think it helps.

- Get a bag of rice. Put your phone inside and wait for a night or day. Rice will absorb water. Some users found this works for them.

- Hair dryer. I heard some user blow the hot air in long distance and phone works afterwards.

- Some users fixed this issue by go to Recovery mode. Wipe Cache Partition, then reboot the system, message go away.

So, it depends if your phone really has touch the water or just moisture message popup suddenly without touching water.
0 Likes
Aaron257
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Just Factory Reset your Phone and Clean the port using a toothpick or something small . Sometimes when there's lint or some dirt in the port the error pops up . I've had the same problem on my S9 plus for more than a year. I couldn't charge and was using wireless . Finally this method worked. Make sure you use the original cable and adapter . if this dosen't work, restart your phone and when the Samsung Logo appears plug in your cable this will bypass the error for you .
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Hi, doobydude

What to do if your Galaxy S10  shows the moisture detected warning

When the error shows up, you must treat it as if your phone has really made contact with water or any forms of liquid. This is to be sure that it won’t incur any liquid damage. With that said, here’s what you should do…

First solution: Make sure the charging port is dry

The first thing you must do is to see if there’s really a trace of liquid in the charging port. A simple look would tell you immediately if there’s moisture in it. But regardless whether you can see a trace of liquid or not, try doing this very simple procedure to make sure the port is dry…

1. Insert a small piece of tissue paper into the charging port of your phone.
  2. With the tissue inserted into the port, let your phone sit on the table upright with the port at the bottom and leave it like that for a few minutes.
  3. Also, make sure to turn your phone off while you’re still drying it off to prevent further complications if the moisture did find its way into your phone.
  4. After this, remove the tissue and turn your phone back on.
  5. Before you connect the cable to it, make sure the cable is also dry. You may still use tissue to wipe both ends of the cable.
  6. Connect the cable to your phone and then to the power adapter that’s plugged into the wall outlet.

If your phone still shows up the moisture detected error but you’re pretty sure the charging port is dry as well as the cable, then move on to the next solution.

Second solution: Fully-charge the phone first

I know that your phone would no longer charge due to the error message but you can work around it. When the phone is powered on, the charging process is facilitated by both the hardware and software but when the device is powered down, it’s the hardware that does all the hard work. Therefore, turn your phone off and then connect it to its charger.

It should charge properly but there’s no guarantee that the fast charging feature will work. Still, allow your phone to fully-charge before you continue your troubleshooting. If you don’t want to deal with this problem for now,  you may continue using your phone after it’s fully charged but we all know that’s not the real fix to the problem.

Also, if you simply want to charge your phone’s battery without fixing the problem yet, then use a wireless charger  as the moisture detected error only shows up when you’re using a wired charger.

Third solution: Master Reset your phone

If the moisture detected error still shows up after a day or two, then it’s a possible firmware problem as such is the case with some owners. Therefore, it’s best to reset your phone to rule this possibility out once and for all. Prior to the reset, make sure to create a backup of your important files and data as they will be deleted. Also, make sure to remove both your Google and Samsung accounts so that you won’t be locked out of your device. Once everything is in order, follow these steps to reset your device:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Galaxy S10+ logo shows on the screen, release all keys.
  4. Once you see a black screen with blue and yellow texts, the phone is already in the recovery mode.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
  6. Press Power button to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes’ is highlighted.
  8. Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
  9. When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device.

If the moisture detected error still shows up even after the reset, then you should pay a visit to the store or shop so that a technician can check it up for you.

0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi doobydude, Since when you are getting this error message? Try to charge with other chargers (if available) and check if it works. Also, follow the steps provided by other community members and let us know if it works.

0 Likes
h0h0h0
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
if your phone is in your pocket on hot days it will pick up moisture from your body,happened a couple of times to me
0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
i just hit the port with a hair dryer for 30 seconds. charge it with wireless for the time being. it always dries it self out. my kids have my old note 8 they are always getting it wet for some reason. and come running when the charger port report's moisture in the port. it's an excellent safety feature. well done Samsung in that one!