Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

galaxy s8 update

(Topic created on: 05-30-2019 05:30 AM)
Handsomerobb
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hello guys i was wondering why my galaxy s8 did not get the update android pie while there is others S8 get it . My s8 is an canadien version and i live in tunisia
0 Likes
26 Comments
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Are you with a Tunisian carrier? They will most likely update your phone. Cause you use their services. I think I am right, but I am not sure.
Galaxy S
If your Carrier in Tunisia doesn't push the OTA - You can always download the Samsung Firmware from Sammobile.com and Flash it with Odin 3.13.13 🐧
0 Likes
Handsomerobb
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i want all the package android pie 9
0 Likes
Galaxy S
So - Download the One UI (Pie) Firmware & Flash it with Odin 3.13.13 - Done 🐧
You'll likely have to Flash the CSC & CP for your Carrier/County

BUT - Go to Settings - About Phone - Software information Take a screenshot of this & post it here.

Don't worry - There's NO personal information here - It Doesn't include the IMEI or the Serial Number of your device - We need to see the Service Provider SW information in particular!
Here's mine just to show you that there's no device information or personal information that could be used to compromise your Privacy or Security 🕊
Handsomerobb
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
no no problem dude just help me cuz i dont understund android phones cuz this S8 is my first i alaways get an iphone
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Is there additional information below the Knox version? I can see that your device is the Canadian version - I'm just looking to see if the Software Version is there as well - In other words - Which Carrier information is being used by your phone - It's kind of important..
0 Likes
Handsomerobb
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
this is all what is below the knox version
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well - You can Download the Samsung Firmware from the link below & the link to Odin download is also available from sammobile.com on the same page

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s8/SM-G950W/

I was hoping to see the Service Provider info in the About Phone screen shot...

You could also see if you can get the One UI update (Android 9) by using Smart Switch on your computer - You have to connect your phone to the computer and open Smart Switch on the computer - There's a "Download Firmware" tab near the top of the Smart Switch window - You can click on it & see if it will find the update for you...
0 Likes
Handsomerobb
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
?
0 Likes